Statement on Coronavirus response
The current global public health situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is placing unprecedented challenges on us all and we recognise this has the potential to impact on the services we deliver.
With this in mind, I would like to set out some of the steps Sacro is taking to minimise disruption to services.
- Throughout our organisation, we are updating our business continuity plans with a view to minimising disruption of services. Services such as residential support, intensive support and those services providing support to statutory orders (CPOs, Bail Supervision) will receive priority.
- Our already robust risk management procedures are being continually assessed to ensure priority is also given to those services that present a heightened risk profile.
- As an essential provider of support to vulnerable individuals, much of our engagement is - by its nature - face-to-face. Following official guidance, we are limiting face-to-face contact to all but essential services.
- We have set up a Coronavirus Response Group comprising representation from every critical function within Sacro. The group meets at least once daily and communicates emerging issues and responses throughout the organisation.
- We have set up discrete communications channels to coordinate an organisation-wide response and promote communications to our stakeholders, staff and the people who use our services.
- We are actively promoting and adhering to health and infection control guidance from government and health service sources to our staff and service users.
All the steps we are taking are aligned to our over-arching responsibility to the people we provide with care and support. This is a fluid situation, maintaining these services is – and will remain – our priority.